06 February 2013

Hecticness is Over and A Liebster Tag

The constant stress I was experiencing for the past few weeks is finally over. The project was completed yesterday. The aircraft left the hangar and made a safe take-off. The last few days of the project were so challenging. I had to work for 27 hours, from Sunday morning to Monday noon without a nap. It was a painful experience. I took a day's leave today to rest, and hoping that the next project would not be as stressful as this.

The situation at work is quite unpleasant at the moment. The company is reducing its staff to compensate for the continuous losses in the past years, hence I had to do more work than usual. I worked everyday without a day off for the past 30 days, clocking almost 13 hours each day. It doesn't always happen but going through such situation is so stressful. It eats up my health and happiness and leaves me tired, grumpy, lazy and dull.

Tagged

I'm tagged again with Liebster Blog Award, and this time by Tanya at Coveted Dreams. I was given eleven questions about myself and following are my answers to the questions;

One dream you would like to complete before you die?
I very much hope I could do something I love for a living.

Have you ever fallen in love?
A few times, not in the recent years.

Are you satisfied with your blogging journey so far?
Certainly not. I do not have enough time to write and explore the blogosphere. Time is always the hurdle. I don't update my blog regularly thus I'm still far from being a blogger.

Would you like to change something in your past, if given a chance? What is it ? (If you like to share...)
Yes. I have wasted much time during my youth days doing useless things and I wish I could go back and fill those periods with something useful. I have also at that time paused many times to weep and regret the past. I wasted much time hoping and waiting for someone not worth waiting for. I wish I could change that too.

Love marriage or arrange marriage?
My wife and I, we went through a love marriage. I'm not against arranged marriage as long as it is done appropriately and does not creep into a forced marriage.

You prefer singing or dancing when alone?
Singing, preferably with a guitar.

Which book are you currently reading?
None. With the current hectic situation, I have to temporarily put aside my reading, hopefully not for too long.

Beautiful or cute? What would you prefer in a life partner? (I know love is blind)
Either one or both. It doesn't matter as I learned that there are other much important aspects in a marriage.

Your favorite cartoon character?
Perry the Platypus in Phineas and Ferb.

Your favorite movie, of all time?
Gladiator is a great movie.

How would you describe your life journey in a single word?
I don't know, perhaps "bittersweet" says it all.



Photography by Bibrambla.

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Zunnur! You deserve the award.

    Glad to see you are back in blogging. Thanks for sharing a few more things about yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear the project you were working on has wrapped up. Congrats on the award. It's good to know more about the people we share our thoughts with :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! so glad that you are going to get some must needed rest. I can only imagine how exhausting those work hours were, I'm sure it took a toll on you, at the same time you must be proud of completing the project and at your great work ethic.
    Gladiator happens to be one of my all time favorite movies, Congrats on your award. I really hope to see you around more often, I'm looking forward to your future blog post's.

    Madison:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uff! Got some relief after so many days! Happy for you :)
    and good to know about you :)
    Congratulations for the award!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello , congratulations for the award
    I am new follower of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the award and I always say being busy is bliss but certainly not like you. About your singing with guitar, I think that's how your profile picture is. Even mine is love marriage and I don't over why there is a over-hype on how you met your wife ;)

    Yes, you write very less and honestly I miss that. You are too good a writer and I would love if you post more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Zunnur,

    I am sure you know that it is not the amount of time spent that is important, it is the quality of the output.

    Do not despair that you have too little time now, think of it as time away - which you need anyway. Another trick is to write in your head. I draft poems, letters, emails this way - and when I write it down, it comes in a split of a second, one word after the other trailing along like a little train.

    You are a very honest writer, so even when you do not say too much, we read heartfelt feelings which is a very refreshing experience...

    ReplyDelete
  8. aah!! so relieved .. Good to hear that you completed your project successfully.. Many many congratulations for the award...Keep writing... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your award! But sorry to hear about how stressful your job is. It was nice getting to know you a little better with your answers to these questions!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the award!

    And I am so glad to hear the project you were working on was successful; especially after hearing how much time and work you put into it.

    "The company is reducing its staff to compensate for the continuous losses in the past years, hence I had to do more work than usual."

    Yes, it's the same here. Most companies are doing the same thing, reducing staff, but then giving the work to other people who already have too much work to do.

    Enjoyed reading your answers to the questions.

    Have a great week, Zunnur!

    ReplyDelete
  11. really love the QA part.. can get to know u well .

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations for getting this award! You're a good blogger! And also a hard working man! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Search